Grow your confidence in computer science
For students in grades 6 - 12
Fall 2018 Course: Code with Minecraft
Do more in Minecraft with Python
Students will learn how to customize Minecraft to make mini-games, duplicate entire buildings and turn boring blocks into gold by coding in Python, a beginner-friendly and popular programming language. The course is appealing to students whether they are active Minecraft players wanting to expand their skills in the game or they just want to use their creativity in new ways. No prior coding or Minecraft experience is needed.
- Experience computing as a medium for representing and solving problems
- Use programming concepts and methods to create applications
- Collaborate with peers using pair programming and by working in project teams
- Explore fields of study and careers to understand the impact of technology
- Communicate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills
ideaSpark kicks off September 8
14 week course
You are welcome to register your student for any of the following Saturday or weekday locations that best fits your schedule and geography - or a partner location that already serves your family.
Questions about registration?
Contact Ben Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org, 214-442-1635