Bold Idea volunteers are rockstars.
Many people give tirelessly of their time and energy to ensure young students are empowered to execute their bold ideas as a team through technology. At the end of each program semester, we honor volunteers who consistently go above and beyond in this mission. Our awards are student, volunteer, parent and staff nominated. We are incredibly grateful for the passion, expertise and hard work that every volunteer brings to Bold Idea.
The Outstanding Mentor Award honors volunteers who exemplify the qualities of a mentor to its highest standard and work diligently to deliver the Bold Idea mission.
- Spring 2017: Bill Francis, Matt Dorsey, Sukhmani Sandhu, Claire Tolbert, Lucinda Krahl, Sara Melnick, Stan Dorsett, Joey Glover
- Spring 2016: Jane Santa Cruz, Bill Francis, Don Huynh, Jennica Drewe, Sukhmani Sandhu, Nicki Hames
The Ignite Award honors volunteers who go above and beyond to ensure success at a Bold Idea program site. Widely recognized as program assets, their level of preparation, attention to detail and care for everyone involved does not go unnoticed.
- Spring 2017: Jane Santa Cruz, Farida Bharmal, Nicki Hames
Volunteer of the year
Volunteer of the Year recognizes an individual who made a broad and impactful contribution to the Bold Idea organization, its programs and its success for a program year.
- 2016/2017: Claire Tolbert
- 2014/2015: Kris MacKay
Float like a butterfly
Float Like a Butterfly honors volunteers who are great at filling in where we need support. They don't hesitate to lend a hand as a mentor at a program site - and the next week coordinating activities at a community workshop.
- Spring 2017: Siyuan Yu, Loveena Cherukunnathu