Create new worlds with computer science
For students in grades 3 - 5
In the 10-week Creative Computing program, older elementary students will bring their imagination to life by coding their own creative projects, while learning the basics of computer science with their friends. Projects include animations, storytelling, the arts and game design.
Fall 2018 Course: Code Studio - Apps and Games
Code an app or game. Share with friends.
Older elementary students will bring their imagination to life by coding their own creative projects, while learning the basics of computer science with their friends. They will have the opportunity to design a mobile app or online game, code with either blocks or text, and then share their project in seconds. No prior coding experience is required.
- Understand computer science as a creative experience and tool for personal expression
- Increase confidence when using computers
- Instill courage to try new things
- Grow perseverance when tackling difficult problems
- Provide a sense of belonging in technology for underrepresented students
- Collaborate with peers using pair programming and by working in project teams
- Understand the impact that computer science has in careers and communities
Creative Computing kicks off September 8
You are welcome to register your student for any of the following Saturday or weekday locations that best fits your schedule and geography - or a partner location that already serves your family.
Thursday Evening Location
Questions about registration?
Contact Ben Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org, 214-442-1635